Our coffee roaster is committed to crafting the freshest, most-flavorful coffee bean so your coffee is rich with greater complexity and a fuller range of flavors.
Superior care for superior coffee.
We take pride in paying close attention to the details necessary to produce a quality cup of coffee: selecting quality beans, knowing our importers and farmers, understanding processing methods, roasting with precision, assessing water quality, calibrating equipment, properly training staff and consistently monitoring quality.
That’s why we work closely with our importers to select quality coffee. Each coffee crop is tasted in our cupping lab where we carefully assess its aroma, acidity, flavor, body and balance. After purchase, we create a coffee’s roast profile by determining which of the bean’s inherent characteristics we wish to highlight. Enhancing a coffee’s aroma, intensifying a desirable acidity, or accentuating a nuanced flavor can occur with subtle manipulation throughout the roasting process of temperature, time and air flow. With Water Street, coffee is always roasted to order because freshness is key.
Are you a restaurant owner, coffee fanatic, or barista in training? Learn more about the coffee you love from our team of experts.
NEXT EDUCATION SERIES EVENT
Coffee Roasting 101 - Coffee Fundamentals
01/27 | 10:30am-12:30pm | ROASTER
Join us for a morning filled with all things coffee as we take you through the Coffee Fundamentals! We will begin with a tour of the Water Street Coffee Roaster where you will view a live Roasti...
PARTNER WITH US:
COFFEE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
We take pride in paying close attention to the details necessary to produce a quality cup of coffee: selecting quality beans, knowing our importers and farmers, understanding processing methods, roasting with precision, assessing water quality, calibrating equipment, properly training staff and consistently monitoring quality. We work will all types of businesses, including, restaurants and cafes, offices, healthcare, grocery & convenience stores, education & cafeteria, casinos & hospitality, vending and religious organizations.
- Roast-to-Order Coffee
- Tea (Loose-leaf, Retail and Iced Tea)
- Equipment Sales, Service,
and Maintenance Programs
- Office Coffee Program
- Design Consultations
- Barista Training/Education
Partnering with us
- HospitalsBronson Methodist HospitalBronson Methodist Hospital is one of the longest and most integrated partnerships. Water Street Coffee has been serving their team, staff, and patients for over 10 years at...
- RestaurantsGrey Ghost DetroitA shared love of fresh, quality ingredients with a focus on local sourcing is what started the Grey Ghost Detroit and Water Street partnership.
- CorporationsPro ServicesSince the partnership started Water Street has promptly helped Pro Services troubleshoot ordering and equipment issues so no one goes without coffee.
- GroceryPeople's Food Co-op KalamazooOften times grocery stores have limited shelf space, so The People’s Food Co-op and Water Street got creative and collaborated to build a beautiful custom display to house...