For us, coffee has always been about community and bringing people together, which is why we’re so grateful to be presented with opportunities to support local events and non-profits. As proud members of the Kalamazoo business community, we are delighted to give back.
In 2021, we are giving towards two very special Health Care programs. First, 1% of our Borgess Café beverage sales will be donated to the Borgess Patient Assistance Fund. This program helps uninsured and underinsured patients receive the medical help they need including transportation, medicine and medical services.
Second, 1% of Incredible Bar Mini sales will be donated to Bronson’s Mom/Baby Unit, in honor of Jan—the mother of Water Street Coffee owner, Mark. To learn more about the story behind this donation and the history of our Incredible Bars, click here.
We’re happy to consider donations of coffee, whole bean or ground, as well as auction or raffle prizes. For a more immersive partnership, please consider applying to be a LOYALTY REWARDS recipient. Our Loyalty Rewards program is a way for our customers to both save money and give back with us. With every dollar spent at Water Street Coffee, loyalty members earn points that can be redeemed for discounts OR donated directly to our featured non-profit loyalty rewards recipient. A new rewards recipient is selected every three months. Click here for more information on this program.
For a traditional donation request or to apply to be a Loyalty Rewards recipient complete the application below. Please consider the following requirements before submitting an application:
• All requests are handled through our business office and must be submitted electronically using the form below.
• Applicants must be a registered non-profit and located in Kalamazoo County, Michigan.
• Donations are not considered for organizations who have exclusive membership, including athletic teams, religious institutions and political parties.
• Applications must be completed by an official representative of the non-profit organization.
• Applications for traditional donations must be submitted a minimum of four weeks prior to the event. More time is always appreciated.
• Applications to be a Loyalty Rewards recipient are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Unselected applicants will be kept on file and considered for future openings; it is not necessary to re-apply for this program.
Please know that while we would love to be able to contribute to everything, we sometimes must respectfully decline.
Beyond a monetary contribution, we love the opportunity to participate in events and know that time and awareness are valuable gifts as well. To inquire specifically about volunteer hours contact email@example.com.
Thank you for thinking of Water Street Coffee to contribute toward your cause.