Barista - Harrison (527 Harrison St, Kalamazoo)
Summary of Position:
Being a barista is a trade and an art. We take it seriously, with an intense training period, homework, hands-on and written testing, and very high standards. Must love serving people. Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment preferred but no coffee experience necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide superior service by building professional, friendly rapport with customers
- Educate patrons on menu offerings
- Accurately process transactions through our point of sale; maintain a balanced drawer throughout a shift
- Maintain high quality standards for all food and drink preparation; adhere to all Water Street Coffee recipes and standards
- Follow all food safety protocol; consistently clean and re-stock all work areas
- Required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and operate equipment
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time; shifts are 4-8 hours in length
- Required to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Required to frequently talk and hear
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
- Passion for quality food and beverage
- Ability to work as a team player and promote a cooperative work atmosphere
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $17.00 per hour
Ask for an application at the café counter, or complete the online application below.
COVID-19 considerations, click here.